Board of Directors
The Board of Directors
The responsibility for good governance of the Association is the hands of a Board of Directors .
In addition to the Articles of Association, which contain the rules relating to the Board, Byelaws 10, 11 and 12 govern and inform the Board’s actions.
The Board is chaired by the President of the Association and comprises
- Up to seven elected non-executive directors.
- One co-opted director appointed by the Board, with relevant commercial or business experience.
- Observers of the Board – currently these observers are The Chief, Vice-chief, and a representative from sportscotland.
All Board positions are voluntary and no remuneration other than expenses incurred is attached to any of these positions.
The Board 2016
- Jim Barr (Abriachan) – President
Elected Directors (including board responsibility)
- Ted McDonald (Bute)
- Daniel Palombo (Inverness) – Finance
- Keith Loades (Kinlochshiel) – Competitions
- Steven MacKenzie (Beauly) – Communications
- William MacDonald (Fort William) – Youth
- Angus MacVicar (Falkirk) – Officials and Facilities
Observers on the Board
- Jock Turner (Bute) – The Chief
- Alex MacNaughton (Colintraive) – Vice Chief
- Alan Clark – sportscotland