The Camanachd Association’s 2019 Annual General Meeting took place at the Muthu West End Hotel in Fort William last Friday evening (29th November).
More than 50 people attended, providing a voting strength on the night of 33 from a total voting Membership of 57.
Camanachd Association President, Keith Loades, chaired the meeting.
Key outcomes from the meeting were:
- Members approved the proposal from the Camanachd Association regarding Byelaw 1.2.2: “The introduction of a Minimum age of 13 for playing senior shinty and Parental Permission being required for players under the age of 16.”
- Members approved the proposal from the Camanachd Association to rectify the anomaly in Byelaw 1.2.2: as “Under 14 matches are covered in Byelaw 4.”
- Members approved the proposal from the Camanachd Association clarifying Byelaw 1.18.2: “The player taking the hit will be allowed three efforts to throw the ball up but can only swing once. If the player taking the hit misses the ball with a swing on any of the three throws the opposing team shall be awarded the hit-in.”
- Members approved the Byelaw 1.4.7: proposal from the Camanachd Referees
Association introducing a Sanction for players whose equipment is non-compliant. “A player whose equipment does not comply will not be permitted to participate in the game. This clause would apply to all equipment.”
- Members approved the Byelaw 1.12.5: proposal from the Camanachd Referees Association – Clarification of a Kick “Where the ball plays the player it is not a foul.”
- Members approved the appointment of Burton Morrison, Roddy MacCuish, Ross Brown & Willie MacDonald as Directors of the Camanachd Association.
- Members approved the appointment of John MacKenzie as Chieftain of the Camanachd Association.
- Members approved the appointment of Richard Gall as Vice Chieftain of the Camanachd Association.
- Members approved the appointment of Donald Skinner, Ian MacPhee & Jock Turner as Members of Honour.