The Camanachd Association series of weekly ‘Shinty Hour’ video workshops, sponsored by MOWI, continues on Wednesday 20th May at 6pm through the ‘Microsoft Teams’ on-line platform.
Previous workshops have been for Club Presidents, Coaches, Match Officials and Child Protection Officers and next week is for:
Club representatives with an interest in aspects of Health & Wellbeing
This aligns with Mental Health Awareness Week which runs from 18th to 24th May
Everyone who would like to join the video meeting please register with National Development Manager Graham Cormack on firstname.lastname@example.org and he will e-mail you a personal link and support information for ‘Microsoft Teams’. To ensure the integrity of the meeting it is important that the link is not shared with anyone who has not registered.
Shinty, quite rightly, prides itself on being a Community Sport. A core responsibility is the Health & Wellbeing of the club members, supporters and community. A number of Clubs are making major contributions to the support of communities in these COVID-19 challenging times.
With the above in mind we are developing a positive Agenda. A draft is set below but if anyone has suggestions for additional topics please put these forward when registering:
Health & Wellbeing ‘Shinty Hour’. Sponsored by MOWI
Wednesday 20th May. 6.00pm – Microsoft Teams
- Welcome and video conference structure:
- Mute – Participants list - Comments
- Camanachd Association overview (GC). Link for further information
- Health & Wellbeing: CA Policy – Templates – Information
- Health & Wellbeing Ambassadors. Link for further information
- Mental Health Awareness workshops
- Shinty Chaplaincy overview: Link for further information
- Mark Fleming of Sports Chaplaincy
- Reverend David Mitchell: Kyles Athletic Chaplain
- Positive Metal Health overview:
- Mark Fleming of Positive Mental Health Scotland.
- Niamh Donnelly: Specialist Occupational Therapist NHS Grampian
- Actions & Developments: Clubs – Camanachd Association
- Information links
- Future Topics
- Closing remarks