The CA series of weekly ‘Shinty Hour’ video workshops, sponsored by MOWI, continues next Wednesday 6th May at 6pm through the ‘Microsoft Teams’ on-line platform. Previous workshops have been for Club Presidents and Coaches and next week is for current and potential Match Officials.
You will be aware that clubs in North and South Division 2 have been asked to nominate someone who would become qualified to cover home games if the CA are unable to provide a Referee. We are also looking for people who could assist us on an average of once a month.
Everyone who would like to join the video meeting please register with National Development Manager Graham Cormack on email@example.com and he will e-mail you a personal link and support information for ‘Microsoft Teams’. To ensure the integrity of the meeting it is important that the link is not shared with anyone who has not registered.
As you will be aware our biggest challenges are retention & recruitment of Match Officials and the behaviour towards Match Officials. With the above in mind we are developing a positive Agenda. A draft is set below:
Match Officials ‘Shinty Hour’. Sponsored by MOWI
Wednesday 6th May. 6.00pm – Microsoft Teams
- Welcome and video conference structure
- Positive personal stories during lockdown
- Positive ‘Why I am a Match Official’ stories
- Positive steps for retention
- Local support/mentoring groups
- Area/National Discussion Groups – Video meetings
- National Short Term Working Groups to look at rule and process adjustments
5. Positive steps for recruitment
- Promotion of the actions from 4)
- Match Official Profile videos – ‘Real Shinty People’
- Match Officials <-> Club training
- Higher profile for Rule decision video clips from games.