Mowi Children and Young Persons Development Fund
MOWI CHILDREN AND YOUNG PERSON DEVELOPMENT FUND
- The Camanachd Association, Governing Body for Shinty, Scotland’s most iconic team sport, today announced that Mowi, a longstanding supporter of shinty, has agreed to create a Children and Young Persons Development Fund
- The new agreement will support shinty clubs in their development and is focused on enhancing opportunities for children and young people
- The Children and Young Persons Development Fund aims to increase opportunities and participation at accredited or accrediting member Clubs by providing a maximum grant award of £500. The funding will be eligible for accredited member clubs who are proposing new or enhanced initiatives to develop shinty for children and young people (up to age 18).
- The deadline for the first round of applications is Monday 23rd April.
- This investment celebrates Mowi 31 years sponsoring shinty and commemorates the 125th anniversary of the Camanachd Association.
Mowi’s Children and Young Persons Development Fund for shinty 2018:
- The Fund is intended to support sustainable initiatives targeting an increase in child and young person’s participation in shinty.
- All Clubs applying must be current members of The Camanachd Association and accredited or accrediting through the club accreditation scheme. Each club should have a Development/Action Plan which has been agreed with their CA Development officer.
- All Clubs applying must have an approved Child Protection & Equality Policy and a named Child Protection Officer.
- Applications must demonstrate clear growth in the number of young people (Up to age 18) playing shinty and/ or the quality of provision available as a result of the initiative. Applications must be presented with a clear plan for sustaining projects that are being funded.
- Applications must show how the impact of the project will be measured, also how any increased participation numbers will be sustained once the grant funding has been spent.
- Although applications to fully fund projects will be considered, priority will be given to those that show additional cash funding for their initiative from alternative sources such as Awards for All.
- Clubs can only receive one award each calendar year.
Application Form 2018